Who We Are
Granite Grounds Rehabilitation Foundation is a registered American non-profit organization that provides humanitarian and environmental assistance in Brazil.
The Covid-19 pandemic has increased the vulnerability of rural communities, already heavily affected by drought and the destruction caused by granite extraction activities.
GGREF is classified as public charity under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501 (c) (3). Donors can deduct contributions they make under section 170. We are also registered in the federal government's System for Award Management (SAM).
"We put forward an initiative to restore water, lands and livelihoods of rural and impoverished communities affected by granite extraction activities in Brazil."
Dr. Iza Poupard, PhD GGREF's CEO
GGREF's CEO in Brazil, delivering water cisterns to the community in 2018.
Our goal is to:
- Bring immediate humanitarian relief by distributing basic food bags to people in need.
- Resolve water crises by building alternative water sources to low income rural communities.
- Foster community support by developing and implementing joint effort hands-on projects.
- Promote collective initiatives by providing community free meals to volunteers during the implementation of joint effort projects.
- Restore and rehabilitate areas affected by irregular granite extraction activities through: